The History and Purpose
After a thorough review of our practices relating to student learning and engagement, we developed our Residential Experience and Learning Model (REaLM), a curricular approach to student development. With the support of our content area experts across campus, referred to as the REaLM Advisory Board, we have launched our curriculum in the Fall of 2018.
Our Learning Priority is for students to live, learn, and lead in the residence halls in alignment with the university mission and our Florida Five educational goals. The intention is to provide a signature experience that supplements student learning, which will further enable students to positively impact their communities, the Gator Nation, and the world.
While the spirit of our model for our gators’ residential experience and learning is the same, delivery will look different this Fall! Engagement opportunities in the halls will be thoughtfully delivered with physical distancing or virtually. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and health of our gators!
Our partners are instrumental in championing student engagement and achievement. The Advisory Board strategically supports our Florida Five Learning Objectives and the vision of Student Success at the university level.
Florida Five Learning Themes
We’ll help you find the right fit and encourage you to get involved in an organization to:
- sharpen your leadership skills
- to challenge yourself and explore new skills
- explore opportunities to lead and support the growth and advancement of the org mission and development both intrinsically and extrinsically.
Kick-start your leadership experience by joining your Area Government and assist in creating a memorable student experience through event development and advocacy.
- evaluate appropriate resources regarding their sexual health and consent.
- achieve an understanding of the impacts of alcohol/drugs.
- identify needs to maintain a healthy physical and mentally well-state.
- incorporate two wellness foundations into a routine that works for them.